The book we chose, Close Reading in Elementary School was just newly released at the end of April. You can now order your copy and get it here before the book study starts!
The book offers these special features for close reading:
• An easy-to-use framework for creating a close reading lesson
• Close reading strategies for a variety of literary and informational subgenres
• Ideas for teaching close reading to meet specific comprehension objectives based on the Common Core, including analyzing text structure and evaluating argument
• Suggestions for helping students read with increased levels of rigor
• A clear explanation of what text complexity really means and how it varies by student
• Scaffolds to help students at all ability levels do a close reading
• Guidelines and procedures for close talks—purposeful, focused discussions about text
• Procedures for close writes that vary based on genre and student ability level
Click the link below to view the book!
Additional details on the book study will be coming soon! However, We wanted to give you plenty of time to order your copy before summer gets here! Lyndsey and I also both wanted to offer our fans the opportunity to WIN a copy of the book!
The giveaway will run through Tuesday, May 6th!
Are you new to close reading? I offer a detailed post about close reading in my K classroom as well as a nonfiction and fiction FREEBIE close reading lesson plans! Click below to view!
Or, would you like to learn more about students led close reading passages? Click below to view a very informational blog post from Lyndsey!
Good luck on the giveaway…we are very excited to learn and grow in the study of close reading with a great group of teachers! 🙂