Hi there and happy, happy, happy weekend! I’m hopping in to share with you some great spring freebies, a few new packets available in my shop, announce a store sale, and another little *insider sale tip* WOOT!
Up first let’s start with some freebies! Who doesn’t HOP for freebies?
This spring writing journal freebie can be downloaded **HERE** Your kiddos will love these spring-themed writing prompts!
Up next is an adorable spring literacy center! Grab this freebie rhyming literacy center **HERE**
How about some word problem sheets! I have freebies for addition and subtraction! These word problem sheets give students an opportunity to show how to solve using several different methods! Snag the addition freebie **HERE** and the subtraction freebie **HERE**
Flip-flops remind me of spring, too! You can snag this CVCC literacy center freebie **HERE**
Up next I’ll be sharing my new packets to hop into my shop! Read closely because I share how you can snag one of those for free as well!
Up first are my new Phonics Clippin’ cards. This is a set of 300 phonics clipping cards! The cards cover:
- Beginning Sounds: Students will practice beginning consonants, beginning digraphs, and beginning blends.
- Medial Sounds: Students will practice choosing the correct vowel (CVC and CVCE words included).
- Ending Sounds: Students will practice ending consonants, ending digraphs, and ending blends.
- Short/Long Vowels: Students will practice distinguishing between short vowels and long vowels.
You can view this packet on TpT **HERE**
Up new are my new Tom Cat and Tabby Cat Literacy centers! Have you met Tom Cat and Tabby Cat before? These are the beloved cat friends from my KinderSocialSkills program! The kiddos fell IN LOVE with the kitties and teachers asked for centers with these two as the “stars”.
This packet contains 25 centers and covers rhyming, beginning sounds, CVC words, CVCE words, and digraphs!
The students will have fun with the match-ups, memory games, and write the rooms!
View this packet on TPT **HERE**
I’m very excited to share with you my CVCE curriculum! If you get a chance to check out the preview you’ll see that this packet resembles my KinderWordFamilies and FirstieWordFamilies programs! That was of course be design so that you could teach these programs with consistency!
The CVCE Curriculum covers 10 weeks of long vowels!
What skill are covered in the CVCE Curriculum packet?
Week 1: CVCE A
Week 2: CVCE A
Week 3: CVCE I
Week 4: CVCE I
Week 5: CVCE O
Week 6: CVCE O
Week 7: CVCE U
Week 8: CVCE U
Week 9: Mixed CVCE
Week 10: Mixed CVCE
What is included in the CVCE Curriculum packet?
- 10 weeks of EXPLICIT teacher scripted lesson plans (5 days of lesson plans per week)
- 10 printable easy readers and 10 advanced readers (black/white and color versions)
- 10 INTERACTIVE easy readers and 10 advanced readers
- 10 INTERACTIVE games
- Weekly long vowel poems
- Weekly long vowel display poster
- Weekly long vowel flashcards
- Weekly long vowel word/picture sorts
- Daily printables
- Home connection newsletters
View the CVCE Curriculum on TPT **HERE**
In the spring our kids start to blossom as readers and writers! These next few packets will be perfect to help with that! First up are my new Guided Writing Prompts! These writing prompts aren’t the norm…because they are DIFFERENTIATED! These writing prompts offer four different versions for each prompt! The prompts also cover narrative writing, informational writing, and opinion writing!
What is included in this packet?
- 100 narrative writing prompts (25 prompts with 4 levels of differentiation)
- 100 informational writing prompts (25 prompts with 4 levels of differentiation)
- 100 opinion writing prompts (25 prompts with 4 levels of differentiation)
What levels of differentiation are covered in the Guided Writing Prompts packet?
- Level One: allows students an opportunity to write a completely independent story. The students will write the independent story with the assistance of the picture prompt and the word bank words.
- Level Two: allows students an opportunity to write a guided story. The students will write the guided story with the assistance of the picture prompt, word bank words, and traceable sentence prompts. In this level the students will also write their own ending to the story (where the light bulb shows up on the sheet).
- Level Three: allows students an opportunity to write guided sentences. The students will trace each sentence and write in the missing word bank words for each sentence to make their own story.
- Level Four: allows students an opportunity to write guided sentences. The students will trace each sentence to form their own story.
Up next are my Read It Passages! I have two sets of Read It Passages! The first set Read It Decodable covers CVC words! The second set, Read It Challenge Passages, cover CVCE words, blends, and digraphs!
This packet is designed to offer a way for students to practice reading fluency and reading comprehension. The students will have the opportunity to work on retell and story elements as well. You will be able to use these activities as a supplement to your whole group practice time, guided reading lesson and/or as an independent literacy center option.
What is covered in the Read It! packet?
- Comprehend It! allows students an opportunity to read and comprehend decodable passages. In this packet students will read the passage with assisted picture clues. Then, students will read the decodable question prompts and write in their answers. **20 passages included**
- Repeat It! allows students an opportunity to read and build fluency through repeated reads. In this packet students will read the passage three times. Each time the students read through the passage, they will color in one of the clip art images. **20 passages included**
- Element It! allows students an opportunity to read decodable passages while also focusing in on story elements. In this packet students will read the passage and then cut and paste the story element images. Students will work on characters, setting, problem, and solution. **20 passages included**
- Retell It! allows students an opportunity to read decodable passages while also focusing in on story retell. In this packet students will read the passage and then cut and paste the story retell images. Students will work on first, next, then, and last. **20 passages included**
- Illustrate It! allows students an opportunity to read decodable passages and illustrate images for comprehension. In this packet students will read the passage and then illustrate matching images for each part of the passage. **20 passages included**
Each packet comes with new passages– just a bump in rigor with the Challenge passages! View the packets on TpT below!
Read It Decodable **HERE*
Read It Challenge **HERE**
Try the decodable passages for free **HERE**
Try the challenge passages for free **HERE**
Lastly, are my new Stretch and Blend Early Literacy Cards! This packet is designed to offer a fun and engaging way to practice stretching and blending the sounds within words. You will be able to use these cards as a supplement to your guided reading lesson and/or as an independent literacy center option. To prep the blending cards simply print and laminate for best repeated use. Make sure to teach the best practices for the cards.Have students stretch the words as they state each sound. Students will blend the word back together .
What is covered in Stretch and Blend Early Literacy Cards packet?
- CVC Words: Students will practice stretching and blending CVC words.
- CVCE Words: Students will practice stretching and blending CVCE words.
- Digraphs: Students will practice stretching and blending digraph words.
- Blends: Students will practice stretching and blending blend words.
The packet is also fully EDITABLE so that you can add as many words as you’d like!
You can view this packet on TPT **HERE**
However, you can actually grab this packet for FREE!!!!! If you’re a member of my Facebook group I’m actually running a special where you snag this packet for free! Yep— easy as that! If you’re a member of the Facebook group you can head over **there** now! If you’re not a member yet you can ask to join the group ***HERE*** Once you’re in the group just scroll until you see the Hoppity posts!
I wanted to close this post with an announcement for my Hippity, Hoppity store sale! You can take advantage of my store sale **HERE**
However, I wanted to share with you some special INSIDER sale info! If you’re a member of my Facebook group I have an extra SPECIAL sale going on there! An ammmmmmaaaazing extra bonus above and beyond the 20% off store sale! Be sure to HOP over to the Facebook group for those details! That special sale ends Monday, April 22nd!
Thanks so much for joining me today and have a hippity, hoppity weekend!